Wednesday, November 02, 2005

An In-Between Post

I've made the decision to change jobs, but have yet to hear from any institutions (the first two that I've applied to have closing application dates on this Friday). Chae Young and I will be married in December, but in the meantime we're both exhausted. She is also not well. I have yet to receive my transcripts from the University of Toronto. My school assigned me to a different class from my old adult students, which was unfortunate for me, since I was getting quite fond of them. I hope the new teacher feels welcomed there. I also registered a domain name, but the domain and hosting company, Netfirms.com, apparently wants me to fax or email my Visa card to them, despite the fact that I entered all the payment details already when I purchased the domain name through their site. I do hope it is Netfirms, and not some spamming company. Has anyone had any experience to speak of with them? I think it's exceptionally odd that they (if it was they), made this request.

Tomorrow promises to be busy. I will be delivering reference letters that arrived (with thanks to Dr. Park, my boss, Mr. Fullarton, and to the chair of my own department, Dr. Reilly.

I've been having some of the best times of my life in the last several months, so I guess that a little down time would hardly be unexpected in the present circumstances. And I do have to admit that I am well supported by my family, and by my friends, especially, Brian (I miss you, old buddy!), Ian, Rob, and cousin Jen & Lyle.

Tomorrow is another day...

Good night!

UPDATE: I just called Netfirms, and didn't have to provide any other information other than why I was signing up through the US site. No problem! I also left a message for the UofT transcript center. One down, several to go...

UPDATE (Nov. 3rd), UofT assures me that the transcripts have been mailed out. Very good. And on another happy note, both Chae Young and I were feeling rested and better when we woke up at seven this morning. Every morning when I wake up I am conscious that I am blessed (in a strictly non-religious sense, of course), by her presence. I just hope that my dear lady will have a decent day. She has a long, gruelling work week, plus an hour's commute each way on a packed subway and bus.

5 Comments:

Blogger EFL Geek said...

When I use my Canadian Credit card from Korea sometimes I get asked for extra information because my ip does not match the credit cards nationality. It's standard, and safe, business practice.

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Nathan said...

Thank you, EFL Geek!

Don't you think the vendors could check the IP address against the shipping (or billing, in my case) address? It's an annoyance that they apparently can't be bothered. That's the first time that's happened to me, and I've used my Visa card quite often online.

Anyway, thanks once again!

10:47 PM  
Blogger San Nakji said...

Congrats on the marriage. Marriage is a grea thing, you will love it!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Nathan said...

Thank you, San Nakji!

3:19 PM  
Blogger San Nakji said...

No worries

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home