Friday, October 28, 2005

Countries I've Been To



Create Your Own Map of Visited Countries

Via EFL Geek, who doesn't think he's traveled sufficiently. As an aside, some of the best traveled people I've met have been Korean elementary teachers. Quite a few of my students past and present have been to many more countries than I have. By the way, don't forget to see that bit of red in the middle of the map; I've been there twice.

Speaking of maps, readers might recall my earlier post on Taiwan about Google Maps' listing Taiwan as a province of China. As reported by the BBC, Google has sinced fixed the problem.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rice Paddy Daddy said...

I'm also surprised when some of my young students have travelled a lot more than I have.

I guess I haven't travelled much - just around Asia, mostly.

Hey, would you ride your bike around Australia - have you checked out Gord's post on his buddy riding around the continent of Australia? Amazing.

I think he's like in his 5th month or something.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

Hi Fred!

Oops--I should have specified: my adult students. However, a large minority of my kids have been to two or three European countries. As for the adults, quite a few of them have been all over Europe, in addition to Southeast Asia, the Middle East, and places like Guam.

If I had the money, and if I were single, and if I had a great bike, I'd love to cycle across Canada.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Fred Shannon said...

Yeah, when I read Gord's post about his buddy I got to thinking about something like that also.

When I worked in Japan, I met a Canadian guy who cycled across Canada on a similar bike to the one Gord's friend is riding.

Another friend in Tokyo hitch hiked the length of Japan (Hokkaido, Honshu, Kyushu, then over to Shikoku, and also down to Okinawa).

But this dude going all around the Australian continent is pretty wild LOL!!

1:49 AM  
Blogger San Nakji said...

Just going to Canada and America takes up a hell a lot of the map!

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home